Water Drop Photography
• 1 speed-light (sometimes 2) plus colorful gels for flashes
• Medium focal length lens (24-70 mm range) or macro lens
• Backgrounds: white foam core or other printed patterns
• Containers: black paint pan or other containers to catch the drops (these should not have writing on the bottom) Plus some extra containers to hold liquids.
• Liquids: water, milk
• Additives: glycerin, soap, sugar, syrup - to thicken the water
• Dropping: a dropper or plastic bag
• Stands and tripods
• Focus aid: ruler, pen etc...
• Flash trigger
• Paper Towels
• 1/16 or 1/32 power on manual flash mode for a fast flash duration. This helps freeze the water drop. Point the flash at the background behind the drop.
• Manual mode
• Shutter speed: 1/250 sec. or as high as your flash can sync.
• ISO: 100 or 200
• F-stop: f/8 or higher depending on your exposure. If you not getting enough depth of field try moving the camera further away from the drop.
Send mail to email@example.com with questions or comments about this web site.
© 2013 Gary's Computer Consulting, Photography & Web Site Design
Last modified: 10/24/2015